Thursday, November 4, 2010

He's back

I can't muster the energy to really respond to this arrogant tripe right now, but I'm sure in the coming days the media will be all over Matt Lauer's interview with Bush. The living embodiment of everything wrong with America is back, and, apparently, the worst moment of his presidency is something somebody else did. Good to see some things never change. Stolen from EW.com, here's the Decider talking about Kanye West's infamous assessment of him:

Lauer quotes from Bush's new book: "Five years later I can barely write those words without feeling disgust." Lauer adds, "You go on: 'I faced a lot of criticism as president. I didn't like hearing people claim that I lied about Iraq's weapons of mass destruction or cut taxes to benefit the rich. But the suggestion that I was racist because of the response to Katrina represented an all-time low.'


President Bush responds: "Yeah. I still feel that way as you read those words. I felt 'em when I heard 'em, felt 'em when I wrote 'em, and I felt 'em when I'm listening to 'em.


Lauer: "You say you told Laura at the time it was the worst moment of your presidency?"


Bush: "Yes. My record was strong, I felt, when it came to race relations and giving people a chance. And it was a disgusting moment."


Lauer: "I wonder if some people are going to read that, now that you've written it, and they might give you some heat for that. And the reason is this..."


Bush [interrupting]: "Don't care."


Lauer: "Well, here's the reason. You're not saying that the worst moment in your presidency was watching the misery in Louisiana. You're saying it was when someone insulted you because of that."


Bush: "No, and I also make it clear that the misery in Louisiana affected me deeply as well. There's a lot of tough moments in the book. And it was a disgusting moment, pure and simple."

Heh. "Don't care." More on George Bush's record of race relations:

http://www.iraqbodycount.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment