Saturday, September 18, 2010

Chapter 16: In which I talk about music vs. writing

I think I might need to stop listening to music when I write.

Ever since I've had internet access, I've put on Youtube or whatever to blast tunes while I write. It helps to get me excited when I have a soundtrack going. Like, playing some Morricone while I write a fable, or some 80s synth if I'm writing a horror scene. Problem is, I've come to see that I love listening to music and writing equally. They don't always coexist. If I put on some Nightwish, I could knock out X amount of pages. Or I could spend two hours looking up Nightwish videos. Maybe I should experiment with silence for awhile, no distractions. I'll see how it goes.

I won't start that experiment today. Not with these awesome tunes I got going.

No comments:

Post a Comment