Monday, August 6, 2012

Elfquest piece

I've been reading Clive Barker lately. Love his sense of pace and brevity. He will literally say in six words what it takes me two sentences to write. Even his novella "Rawhead Rex" is pretty short, especially considering all the mayhem he fits in there. There's a lot to learn from him. I'm working my way through Books of Blood before tackling those doorstopper novels.

Also, Jack Daniels Sessions is now available at the Long Haul infoshop in Berkeley. Great spot, and they do good work in the community.

As usual, my updates are late. Here's a link to my article about Elfquest I wrote for my friend Laurie's site two months ago. Laurie's a lovely person, a true Pittsburgher, and her series where writers recount their childhood reading experiences is just a great idea. I saw an opportunity to dork out over EQ and I took it. My discovery of my favorite comic book was unconventional, but it's a love affair that's lasted a lifetime.

http://www.yinzrreadin.com/2012/06/20/meet-elwin/

I do have to correct her. I did not have a Babysitters Club reference in every story for Chuck Kinder's class. Just two. Out of three.



No comments:

Post a Comment