Sunday, November 14, 2010

Chapter 28: In Which I Update Once More

So I got word from the publisher. He found an unusual gaff: In pdf form everything is centered on the page, but in print form there is all kinds of marginal white space. He found this out after reading the incorrect proof sent by Createspace. So he is taking this opportunity to make the illustrations larger, which is always good.

I am working on my NaNoReVo piece. Lots of fun. Revision really cements in my mind that writing is a journey. Every day I sit down and write material that I may never use. I've always jettisoned pages worth of material that I put down during these recent revisions. It is never a matter of just putting words on paper. You have to see where the story goes, and this comes down to writing as much and as often as possible. A good book takes not just skill, but time. As my current workshop professor pointed out, it takes Toni Morrison five years to write those books. I hope to have this piece self-published by next June, and will probably be revising up until the last minute. Can't wait to see where the journey takes me.

In other book-related news, I got a nice recommendation on the Karen Lillis' blog: http://karenslibraryblog.blogspot.com/2010_11_01_archive.html   Karen Lillis is a fellow 6 Gallery author, a small press champion and all-around quality writer. And I agree, the book makes a great holiday gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment