Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Done!

Halloween will always be my favorite holiday. A day without religious connotation, made purely to celebrate fun. I hear it derives from pagan rituals, but I really like the mainstream interpretation. Just have fun. I went to SF's Castro district, which was insane, even with no parade and 40000 cops hanging around to make sure the gay people don't enjoy themselves too much.

The second edition of the book has been sent to Createspace! Done! Now I must wait for them to approve it. Then the print. Again, much love to the people who have supported me through this process, supported the book, supported the tours, supported fantasy fiction. If you are wondering if I celebrated, let me just say that Halloween was quite the time. And the party's only begun.

In other awesomeness: I'm going into the studio on Wednesday to record the audiobook. Could not be more excited. One thing I am working on is saying the dialect. Writing accurate dialect is a challenge in itself, but speaking it correctly is downright terrifying. I may not be a trained actor, but I want to try to get it right. I'm thinking of writing more dialect-heavy script versions of the southern folktale stories so it comes out better when I read. Also, I've been looking over certain stories to get a feel for the regional dialects.

"When the Law Come"/Alabama--Uncle Remus
"Assistant"/Mississippi--Faulkner
"How Brother Roy Lost His Dog, Twice"/Florida--Zora Neale Hurston

Should be really cool. Can't wait to have it all in the can.

NaNoReVo Month

I'm doing NaNoWriMo. Not writing a new book, though. At this point, starting any new project seems a waste of time. I'll be revising "The Motley & Plume Players," the novella I'll be putting out with Christine Stoddard. Seems a good time to tighten the story. I plan on revising 1,667 words a day. Yes, it's cheating. That's why I'm not pretending to do NaNoWriMo. I'm doing what I call National Novel Revision Month. I've gotten better at self-editing, especially since I got over my fear of jettisoning a single word from my precious stories. Nowadays, I'll cut out anything. Hoping many happy revisions come my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment